As seen in Modern Luxury Interiors Fall 2019. New and notable shown here: Atelier Purcell’s Bias Sled Chair, Vista Lounge and Ottoman, and Hydra printed cotton toile from Philippe David S.A.S.
News & Events
American Party In Paris Party
Tickets on sale December 10, 2019 at 9AM
PRACTICAL MAGIC: Elevating Our Lives with Design
Moderator: Erika Heet, Editor-in-Chief, Interiors
Panelists: Natasha Baradaran, Paul Fortune, Thomas Lavin
Thursday, September 26 | 3PM
PDC 5th Floor Atrium
Presented by Interiors Magazine
Design is all around us, influencing and reflecting our habits and choices every day. Eschewing the Instagram illusion of “perfection,” we get real on the true meaning of living well and design’s role as the catalyst. Join Interiors Editor-in-Chief Erika Heet, designer Natasha Baradaran, designer and author Paul Fortune and tastemaker Thomas Lavin as they allow us a glimpse into their processes and philosophies of curating the good life. We’ll peel back the layers of the glitz, glamour and gloss of the design world to find its true core, with an organic, grounded exploration of the simple realities of design’s place in a truly fulfilling existence.
RSVP required at pdcfallmarket2019.eventbrite.com
POST RECEPTION featuring a book signing with Paul Fortune follows at Thomas Lavin, Suite B310
Thomas Lavin hosts the Interiors Magazine keynote reception with Editor-in-Chief Erika Heet and co-panelists Natasha Baradaran and Paul Fortune, who will be signing his new book Notes on Decor.
While at the reception, come celebrate the inaugural Thomas Lavin Kiosk Design Competition and discover the winning Dream Room created by a Next Gen Designer as voted by the keynote panelists.
See you there!
Design The Room of Your Dreams with Thomas Lavin!
And get your name in front of tastemakers, key decision makers, industry VIPs, and potential clients: The winning design will be showcased to the design world in Thomas Lavin’s third floor kiosk at the Pacific Design Center for three months.
The winning submission will be chosen by an esteemed panel of judges: Thomas himself, Interiors magazine editor-in-chief Erika Heet, and designers Natasha Baradan and Paul Fortune. They will announce the winner during PDC Fall Market on September 26 at a party hosted by Interiors magazine and Thomas Lavin. At the party, and throughout the day-long market, ALL submissions will be on display at the showroom.
Rules & Guidelines:
• Use ONLY lines represented at Thomas Lavin to create your dream room—bedroom, living room, whatever you have been fantasizing about.
• Design MUST include 2-3 pieces featured on the showroom floor (at the PDC or the Laguna Design Center). These will be utilized alongside sketch in the kiosk displaying the winning entry.
• You can spec all other pieces in your dream room with finishes and materials that are different from floor samples, but ALL must be available through Thomas Lavin. Be sure to check out the Thomas Lavin textile, wall & floor covering, accessory, and art options for inspiration.
• Submit a ONE-PAGE PDF or JPEG of your beautiful room—this could be a rendering, a painting, a sketch, a collage, etc.
• Be sure to include on the PDF a legible representation of your name and/or company name. We will be displaying submissions in the showroom and want everyone to know your name!
• After winning design is announced, the lucky designer will translate their sketch into a design suitable for installation in the 7’W x 3’D x 10’H kiosk and will work with the Thomas Lavin team to resource assets from the showroom.
To participate, submit your dream room by FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 13 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact your salesperson. 310 278 2456
Pick up the latest issue of LALA and see TL in all its sumptuous summer-ness.
Join Sasha Gallace, Executive Sales Director of Samuel & Sons for “The Art of Trimology” at Thomas Lavin Laguna Design Center.
Wednesday, June 26 at 11AM
Join us for a day of art at Thomas Lavin Pacific Design Center. Jewelry and Handmade Objects by Chicago metalsmith Gillion Carrara commencing at 10 a.m. That evening Thomas Lavin hosts Erika Heet, Editor in Chief Interiors Magazine and gallerist Edward Chella celebrating an artful life.
Edward Cella curates Thomas Lavin, PDC and is available to consult on your special projects and commissions.
Thursday, June 13, 5-8 p.m.
Thomas Lavin, PDC
Take a look behind the scenes of Jonathan Browning Studios.
View more videos and learn all about Jonathan Browning here.